Who can serve as a personal representative?

Almost any adult who is legally competent can serve as Personal Representative. You can name your husband or wife, a friend or neighbor, or your attorney or accountant. You can also name a professional Personal Representative like The First National Bank & Trust Co.

You can also name more than one, in which case you would have two or more Co-Personal Representatives. And you can name alternate Personal Representatives to serve in the event your original choice cannot serve for some reason.

Investments and insurance offered through the Trust Department of First National Bank & Trust Co. are not insured by the FDIC, are not deposits or other obligations of, and are not guaranteed by, any bank or any bank affiliate. Investments are subject to risks, including possible loss of principal amount invested.