What is a personal representative?

Probating an estate requires that a responsible party be named to carry out the necessary duties. In Oklahoma, this person is called the Personal Representative. Sometimes people use the term “Executor.” The Personal Representative is the person named to carry out the duties outlined above. If you have a will, you select your own Personal Representative. If you die without a will, the District Court appoints one.

Investments and insurance offered through the Trust Department of First National Bank & Trust Co. are not insured by the FDIC, are not deposits or other obligations of, and are not guaranteed by, any bank or any bank affiliate. Investments are subject to risks, including possible loss of principal amount invested.