Zero balance accounts are an ideal solution for companies that maintain a general operating account and separate accounts for specialized disbursements such as payroll, petty cash or other purposes. Funds move in and out automatically to maintain a zero dollar balance in the Master account. This eliminates excess balances in separate accounts and allows you to maintain greater control over disbursements. You can link all of your accounts to a Master account to create a Zero Balance Accounting system.
Here’s how it works…
First, set a balance of zero, or any other amount you choose, for each linked sub-account. Each day, funds are electronically moved to or from the Master Account to maintain the desired levels of each account. Now you can:
- Minimize overdrafts and improve control over excess cash balances
- Maximize funds available for investment
- Simplify managing multiple accounts
- Save time by eliminating manual transfers between accounts
- Reduce administrative expenses